In the pursuit of youthful and radiant skin, there are countless treatments available on the market. At Shine we have been expanding our offering now giving you more choice than ever.
What is the best type of facial to get?
We will explore the benefits of each to help you decide, remember though, our therapists can help you as well.
Carbon laser facial
As known as China doll facial (named for its porcelain doll like finish on the skin) is a non-invasive, painless and highly effective treatment designed to improve overall texture and tone of your skin. It involves the application of a thin layer of carbon to the face, which penetrates into the pores. A laser is then used to gentle heat the carbon, causing it to vaporize and exfoliate the skin, remove impurities and balance oil flow. This facial also stimulates cell turnover, revealing a smoother, clearer and brighter complexion.
- Deep cleansing: The carbon particles act as a powerful magnet, drawing out impurities from the pores. This deep cleansing effect helps unclog the pores, reduce the appearance of blackheads, whiteheads and acne.
- Oil regulating: As the carbon sits within the pores, this treatment works on minimising and regulating sebaceous gland activity.
- Exfoliating: The carbon layer when heated with a laser, creates a controlled exfoliation process. This gentle exfoliation reveals newer, healthier skin, promoting a smoother more radiant complexion.
This facial is for those that want to target ageing concerns . This laser penetrates deep into the dermis. This is where fibroblasts are found which produce collagen and elastin. By stimulating these we increase collagen and elastin resulting in fresher, healthier skin revealing healthier, smoother, firmer skin. Reducing the signs of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Anti-ageing: by stimulating collagen and elastin we can turn back some signs of ageing revealing a more youthful complexion
- Scarring: By stimulating new collagen and elastin, this allows us to resurface the skin smoothing out scarring.
- Smoother skin: even out texture and uneven skin tone.
IPL and Laser
Your got to for pigmentation, redness, rosacea and broken capillaries at the same time also anti-ageing by stimulating collagen production.
IPL therapy can target both pigmentation and redness by targeting the pigment or blood vessels in the skin helping the body break them down and even out the skin tone and reduces the vascular redness or UV pigmentation, resulting in smoother and clearer-looking skin.
Underlying all these treatments though is that whilst we are working on evening your skin tone, IPL is a highly effective anti-aging solution that can reduce wrinkles, fine lines and stimulate collagen and elastin production. The light energy from the device penetrates the epidermis and triggers collagen production by heating water in the dermis creating a healing response, which helps to restore skin elasticity and firmness.
- More even complexion: targeting pigmentation and redness
- Even-textured: Speeds up cell turnover, stimulates collagen achieving glowing smooth skin
- Anti-ageing: By targeting the water in the dermis, we increase collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid resulting in a plumper more radiant skin, smoothing out lines.
- Visibly brighter: By evening out your complexion and stimulating cell turnover and collagen production IPL can brighten your skin giving more radiance to skins that need a pick me up.
- Rosacea: Repairs the capillary system in the skin, minimises redness and flair ups.