The warm weather is surely around the corner, so some tips to have your spray tan perfect.
I offer the 2 types of tuscan tan. The 8hr tan is more of a caramel colour. The 90min tan is more chocolate.
If you have had an 8hr tuscan tan before the 90min colour is different.
I would recommend the 90min tan if you hate the feeling of tan and want to wash it off as quickly as possible, you hate sleeping in it, you want a dark tan, or it is last minute and you need to go out. Otherwise i would recommend the 8hr tan.
A tan will last about 7 days. It depends on how dark you go, how many showers you have, if you will be swimming.
The perfect time to get a tan is 1-2 days before your event. If you are going on holidays-the day before you go. If these time frames don’t work for you due to other commitments, you can have it done earlier, but we will just do it a little darker to last a bit longer.
Before your tan.
1. Any hair removal treatments such as shaving or waxing should be performed the day before the appointment if possible.
2. It is recommended that you exfoliate your skin with Tuscan Tan Exfoliating Sugar Scrub. Be careful of other brand exfoliants as they may contain oils or other ingredients which may adversely affect the end tanning results.
3. After showering do not apply any products to your skin such as moisturiser, deodorant, perfume or make-up.
4. Bring with you to your appointment dark loose clothing together with thongs to wear afterwards.
Aftercare advice for 8 hr tan.
1. It is recommended that you do not shower, swim, do any physical activity that may cause perspiration, or apply products to your skin during the 8 hour development time.
Note: Tuscan Tan original™ spray on tan will not over develop if left on the skin longer than the 8 hour development time. You may leave it on longer or overnight if preferred.
2. Once your tan has developed you may shower, however it is recommended that you use Tuscan Tan™ pH Balanced Skin Wash to cleanse your skin. Using other body wash products, soap or exfoliants may strip the tan.
3. After showering, pat your skin dry with your towel rather than rub so as not to prematurely fade the tan.
4. Once dry, it is recommended that you apply moisturiser. The Tuscan tan extender will help extend its longevity.
Aftercare Advice for 90min tan.
1. It is recommended that you do not shower, swim, or do any physical activity that may cause perspiration, or apply products to their skin during the 90 minute development time.
2. After the 90 minute development time you may shower, however it is most important that this first shower is QUICK – just a quick rinse for no more than 30 seconds. (no washing of hair etc.). Also it is recommended that you do not to use body wash, soaps or exfoliation scrubs during this first shower.
NOTE: It is normal for some residual bronzer to rinse off during this first shower leaving a lighter tan than when first applied, however the colour will continue to develop over the next few hours.
3. After showering, it is best to dry naturally, if you need to dry quicker-pat your skin dry with your towel rather than rub so as not to prematurely fade the tan.
4. Do not apply any moisturiser or body products until after 8hrs.
5. If you shower at the 90min mark your tan will end up light, the longer you leave it, the darker it will go.